Delhi to Ajmer Weekend Gateways
Ajmer is situated in south west of Jaipur. It is 130 KM away from Jaipur. it was founded by Raja Ajay Pal Chauhan in 7th century AD. Ajmer is one of the tourist attractions in Rajasthan. This is very beautiful place and can be a best option for spending weekend. The journey is full comfortable and very memorable to Ajmer.
Ajmer is a pilgrimage center for Hindus as well as Muslims. Sacred Dargah Sharif tomb of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti, hold religious values for both Hindus and Muslims.
* Taragarh Fort : The colossal fort stands watching the city. There are six entrance points in the fort. The fort houses Miran-Saheb-ki-Dargah, the governor of the fort who died fighting in an encounter.
* Adhai-Din-Ka-Jhopra : 'Adhai Din' means 'two and a half days' and suggests the time duration in which this building was built. A marvel, a masterpiece of Indo - Islamic architecture, this building is an artifact of an old mosque and is made up of a with a front screen wall with seven pointed arches.
* Dargah Sharif : 'Dargah Sharif' or 'Holy Dargah' is one of the most sacred Muslim shrines in the country. Venerated by both Hindus and Muslims, it is the tomb of Khwaja Moin-ud-din Chisti, a Sufi saint who came from Persia and devoted his life to the service and upliftment of the poor and downtrodden. The Dargah has a massive gate with silver doors built in several stages. Revered by the Mughal rulers, it has touches of Humayun to Shah Jahan in its structural architecture.
* Ana Sagar Lake : The favorite outing spot of the city, Ana Sagar Lake is an artificial lake named after Anaji Chauhan. The 'Baradari' is surrounded by parks and the pavilions, which were built by Shah Jahan to assist his long stays in Ajmer. Local people helped to build the catchments.
How to Reach Ajmer
* By Air : Nearest Airport is Jaipur Airport, which is 35 KM away from Ajmer.
* By Rail : Ajmer is well connected by cities like Delhi, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, and Mumbai. Shatabdi express from Delhi to Ajmer is also available.
* By Road : Ajmer is also well connected by state transport buses and deluxe Volvos from Delhi and other major cities.
Hotels in Ajmer
Some of the best hotels and resorts are available in Ajmer. Accommodation options ranges from star hotels to guest houses and budget hotels and resorts.
* Hotel Man Singh Palace
* Hotel Regency
* Hotel Embassy
* Hotel Sahil
* Hotel Ambasssdor