Delhi to Chandigarh Weekend Gateways
Chandigarh is a Union Territory, and the capital city of Punjab and Haryana. It is the best planned city in India, designed by a French architect Le Corbusier, in the 1950s. Chandigarh is famously called as City Beautiful. City derives its name from Chandi Mandir in Panchkula District. And that’s why Chandigarh means the fort of Chandi.
Chandigarh is a unique combination of nature’s preservation and modernization. Plants and trees are the part of the city plan.
Chandigarh is appreciated by the nature lovers of the country. Chandigarh is 256 Kms away from Delhi.
Sightseeing Places in Chandigarh
* Leisure Valley : Leisure Valley is the most popular tourist attraction in Chandigarh. It’s like a garland of gardens in the entire city. Rajendra Park in sector 1 is the starting point of this valley which gradually moves to Bougainvillea garden in Sector 3, garden of roses in Sector 16, and sector 23.
* Capitol Complex : Capitol Complex of Chandigarh is situated in sector 1. It is the head quarters for both Punjab and Haryana Government. It is consisting of the Secretariat, the Legislative Assembly and the High Court. There’s a unique monument, Open hand, which has been designed in the form of a giant hand made from metal sheets that rotates like a weathercock, indicating the direction of wind.
* Rock Garden : Rock garden has its own significance in Chandigarh. It is a unique blend of creativity and innovation. This garden has a collection of various artifacts and the best thing is that these artifacts are made up of industrial and urban waste. This concept is the highlight of this garden. Rock garden is situated in sector 1 between capitol complex and Sukhna Lake.
* Sukhna Lake : Sukhna Lake lies in the foothills of Shivalik Range. Sukhna lake is a Man made lake created in 1958. It is a 3 Km long lake which was created by damming the Sukhna Choe, a seasonal stream flowing from Shivalik Range. Chandigarh Sukhna Lake serves as a great picnic spot and an apt place for pursuing water sport activities like boating, yachting and water skiing etc.
How to Reach Agra
* By Air : Chandigarh domestic airport is 8 Km away from city center. Most of the airlines connect Delhi to Chandigarh.
* By Rail : Chandigarh is well connected to Delhi and major cities of Punjab and Haryana through train. Frequent trains are running between Delhi to Chandigarh.
* By Road : State transport buses are easily available for Chandigarh from Delhi. Delux and semi deluxe Volvo buses are also available for Chandigarh from Delhi.
Hotels in Chandigarh
Some of the best hotels and resorts are available in Chandigarh. Accommodation options ranges from star hotels to guest houses and budget hotels and resorts.
* Piccadily Group Of Hotels
* Himani S Hotel
* Hotel city plaza 17
* Hotel Sun View
* Jvd Hotel Pvt Ltd