Delhi to Dalhousie Weekend Gateways
Dalhousie is calm and beautiful hill station established by British Empire in 1854 and was named after Lord Dalhousie, British Viceroy in India at that time. Dalhousie is located on the western edge of Dhauladhar range of Himalayas. Dalhousie is built around 5 hills surrounded by beautiful snow capped mountains namely Kathalagh, Potreyn, Terah, Bakrota and Bhangora. It is situated at 6000-9000ft above sea level.
Dalhousie hill station is a gateway to Chamba valley of Himachal Pradesh. Dalhousie was a retreat for bristesh troops, soilders and bureaucrats in summers.
Dalhousie is 574 Kms away from Delhi. Best time to visit Dalhousie is Spring, Summer and Autmn.
Sightseeing Places in Dalhousie
* Churches : Dalhousie has as many as 5 functioning churches namely St. Andrew’s Chruch, St. Patrick’s Chruch, St. Francis' Church and St. John's Church.
* Subhash Baoli and Panchpula : Subhash Baoli is named after Freedom Fighter Subhash Chandra Bose and it’s situated at a height of 6678 ft in Dalhousie. It gives an awesome view of snow capped hills and glimpse of Dalhousie’s natural beauty.
Panchpula is a memorial of 5 bridges, built in the memory of Sardar Ajit Singh.
* Municipal Gardens : Municipal garden, primarily known as Company Bagh has an impression of old gardens. It is a part of Happy Valley area. Company Bagh has a wide green carpet of neat and clean lawns. It has a lake and fountain in center. Municipal garden is a favorite picnic spot for many toyurists.
* Tibetan market : Tibetan market at Ghandi Chowk is quite famous among tourist for shopping. This Place offers unique collection of Indian handicrafts, Tibetan Handicrafts, Woollens, carpets etc. Himachal Handicrafts Emporium is a must visit in this.
* Kalatop : Kalatop is a wildlife sanctuary 10 Kms from Dalhousie and it catches glimpse of Chenab, Beas and Ravi Rivers. This wildlife sanctuary is home to many Himalayan animals like Ghoral and the Black Bear.
How to Reach Dalhousie
* By Air : Nearest airport is Amritsar Airport and Jammu Airport. Jammu Airport is 188 Kms away. Daily fights operate from Delhi to Amritsar and Jammu.
* By Rail : Nearest Railway station is Pathankot, about 80 Kms away. This railway station is well connected with major cities of India.
* By Road : State transport buses operate from Delhi to Manali from there nee to change bus from Manali to Dalhousie.
Hotels in Dalhouise
Some of the best hotels and resorts are available in Mussorrie. Accommodation options ranges from star hotels to guest houses and budget hotels and resorts. Some of the resorts are:
* Hotel Mount View
* Hotel Grand View
* Dalhousie Heights
* Alps Resorts
* Peace Channels
* Hotel Grace Mount
* Hotel Shangri-La