Delhi to Kasauli Weekend Gateways
Kasauli is a small town, developed during British Raj Days. 77 kms away from Shimla, Kasauli is a charming hill station and a popular nearby getaway from Shimla. Kasauli is a small cantonment town in solan district of Himachal Pradesh.
According to Indian Mythology, When Lord Hanuman stepped for jumping on to Sanjeevani hill, Kasauli was formed. So at Kasauli there’s a Hanuman mandir, 300 m High, where Lord Hanuman’s foot rested.
Sightseeing Places in Kasauli
* Monkey point : Monkey point is 4 Km away from bus stand. This is the point where Lord Hanuman rested his feet while returning with Sanjivani herb. This hill is in a foot shape. View of Chandigarh is clear from this point. Monkey pint is the highest peak in Kasauli. There’s a small temple here also which id dedicated to Lord Hanuman.
* The Christ Church : This Anglican church was established in 1842 as a retreat for British Armymen and their families.
This Church is built in a shape of cross, This 159+ years old structure looks beautiful with grove of chestnut and fir trees.
* Sanawar : Sanawar is situated at a distance of 6 Kms from Kasauli. Some of the best schools and teaching institutions are located in this city. The Famous “The Lawrence School” was established here almost 100 years ago.
* Baba Balak Nath Shrine : Baba balak nath temple is 3 Kms away from Kasauli. This temple is situated on graner hill top.
How to Reach Kasauli
* By Air : Take a flight till Chandigarh. Chandigarh airport is 60 KM away from Kasauli.
* By Rail : Nearest railway station is Kalka, 34 KMs from Kasauli.
* By Road : Kasauli is 287 Kms from Delhi. Private Taxis and buses are easily available.
Hotels in Kasauli
Some of the best hotels and resorts are available in Kasauli. Accommodation options ranges from star hotels to guest houses and budget hotels and resorts.
* Hp Pwd Rest House
* Circuit House
* Hptdc The Roscommon
* Hemkunth Resorts
* Baikunth Resort