Jaipur Weekend Gateways
The Pink City of India. Jaipur is the base for exploring some enchanting towns and cities of Rajasthan located near the city. These places of tourist interest, lingering with the essence of chivalry and royalty that Rajasthan is known for, make ideal weekend getaways during your Jaipur travel.
Tourist Spot in Jaipur:
* Hawa Mahal: Located at Sierh Deori bazar, Hawa Mahal, literally the Palace of Winds, built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, displays fanciful architecture and is a remarkable landmark of Jaipur.
* Jantar Mantar: Huge instruments in intricate masonry offer an accurate measurement of the time, the declination of the sun, the altitude and the azimuth, the position of constellations in the sky for the day, the eclipses and the allied astronomical phenomena.
* City Palace: This former royal residence is an imposing blend of traditional Rajasthani and Mughal architecture and the craftmanship. The Museum within the palace has an array of galleries of rare paintings, exquisite miniatures, scholarly manuscripts, artefacts and traditional treatises on architecture. The fine collection of guns and swords on display dates back to the 15th century and is one of the best in India.
* Jal Mahal: As its name denotes, this is a palace built amidst a lake and intended as the summer resort for the royal family. The palace is noted for its intricate architecture.
* Amber Fort: In earlier times, the entire complex was owned by the Minas and dedicated to 'Amba Mata', the incarnation of earth and fertility. Amber overlooks the Moata Lake and is rated as a marvel of bastion excelling in architectural and building skills. Amber had the distinction of being the capital for six long centuries before Jaipur came into being.
Other Tourist Attractions in jaipur:
Nahargarh Fort (Tiger Fort), Statue Circle, Ram Niwas Garden, Albert Hall Museum, Govinddev Ji ka Mandir, Galtaji, Ramgarh.
Hotels in Jaipur:
Alsisar Haveli, Bharat Mahal Palace, Bissau Palace, Chirmi Palace, Diggi Palace Hotel, Hari Mahal Palace, Lal Mahal Palace, Mandawa Haveli, Naila Bagh Palace, Narain Niwas Palace, Raj Mahal Palace, Raj Palace Hotel.
Bella Casa, Chokhi Dhani Resort, Clarks Amer, Country Inn & Suites, Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur Palace, KK Royal Days, Le Meridien Jaipur, Hotel Mansingh, Raj Vilas, Rajputana Palace